Friday, January 6, 2012

The Return to the Blog, A Return to the Journey

So, it has been sometime since I have posted a blog.  Actually it has been almost three years.  I have to admit, it has been challenging trying to wear many hats, including a blog poster; however, I have been proud of many of the things that has taken place during that time, and the growth I have made during that time.  I look at the past few years as the period of the beautiful maze, similarly to the book maze I photographed in Rio de Janeiro on one of my past trips (on the right).  Although a maze can be a huge challenge, once a person completes it, the person appreciates the journey.


Some of my past  activities can be viewed on the website, Facebook, and Twitter (all of which are accessible via the web page www.blessings4brazil.org).  This year, however, I have decided to revisit the blog and share some of what I have learned over the past few years.  Bi-weekly, I will try to blog about informative topics such as:

  • How to start a non-profit?
  • The joys and challenges of being a leader
  • Recruitment 101:  Board Members
  • Recruitment 102:  Volunteers
  • Websites with great resources for non-profit organizations
  • And more!
Meanwhile, I prepare to start a new maze in 2012.  Although I can not ensure that it will be as beautiful as the one above, I look forward to completing it.

Blessings!

No comments: