Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wasting R$65

Okay, so I have been in Brazil many times before, but I made a big boo-boo that has cost me about $40 US. You see, I went to put credit on my Oi phone and but I put the wrong number in the system. I switched two of the digits in the number. Instead of receiving credit to make calls, I ended up giving someone an extra R$65 of talking time. If it was just a couple of dollars I would be okay with it, but it is R$65. When I went to the company, with my limited Portuguese, they kept telling me, "It's the system. It's the system. We can't give you any money." I then had a friend return to the store with me to try and work their wonders, but to no avail. So the lesson is, either (1) put the correct number in; (2) have the customer service rep ensure it is the correct number; (3) do not put huge amounts in at a time. And, if possible, use TIM instead. I have a TIM number and have never had problems with credit. Just Oi.

Actually, I rather use Skype.com now a days. It works out to be cheaper in many aspects. Oh by the way, if you are asking why I did not remember my number, it is a new line and I am still getting use to it.

No comments: