Friday, January 13, 2012

Self-publishing Companies: Blurb or Lulu?

For the past few weeks I have been working on a book to help others start their own non-profit (NPO).  This is largely in part due to the seminars I have provided over the past two years.  Key ideas to help those interested in forming an NPO will be posted in this blog soon; however, one of the things I have found interesting is the self-publishing process.  Including two publishing companies.  


In the process, I found two great sites that are pretty interesting.  Blurb.com's format is definitely easy to follow, and their software is fairly good.  I like that they permit the author to sell the book on their site, and purchase books as you need them.  Furthermore, the design has a somewhat contemporary appeal that I like.


Lulu.com is similar in some capacity.  It also permits you to sell on Amazon.com; however, conduct a search about that first on Youtube.com.  I found some interesting videos regarding that process.  To sell on Amazon, you just need to have an ISBN number.  Both Lulu and Blurb provides information on how that can be done.  Either way, I found both sites interesting, and worth visiting if you are interested in publishing a book.

No comments: