Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now that is good.


Yesterday I returned to the school with the books I purchased in Salvador. I met up with Sheila, the librarian I worked with last summer and Regina, the Head of the Volunteer Department. It was good to return to the school and be able to see what has changed and how they are progressing forward. Regina shared how she has been working with students, teaching them English. Some of the supplies you helped to collect are being used in the volunteered-led English classes. She also shared that the music teacher has been using the flutes and harmonicas that were sent earlier this year. We also walked through the new art gallery where students art was being prepared as part of an exhibition. Great things are happening at Solar!




We also spoke the possible future of Blessing for Brazil and Solar. It is my goal of making Blessings for Brazil a tool make substantial change in a child’s life. Just one child could grow up and lead a community. Just one. For a while, I have been reflecting on what the future of Blessings for Brazil will be and the sustainability of that future. That is the challenge and I accept it. The deeper challenge is awaiting the team that will help see it through. I pray that God will put that team together to ensure that he is work will continue to flourish. Until then, I continue to live in faith and move with God.

No comments: